Table of contents Show
- Why should you visit Prague in the summer?
- Top 10 Things To Do in Prague in The Summer
- Embrace the Summer Magic in Prague
Prague in summer is a magical place, blending history, culture, and natural beauty in a seamless whole. Visitors worldwide flock to the city to experience its enchantment, drawn in by its colorful festivals, beautiful gardens, and priceless historical sites. In this guide, we’ll explore the best things to do, places to visit, and experiences to have in Prague in the summer.
The city offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities, from visiting historic landmarks and walking across famous bridges to sampling the food and relaxing in beautiful parks.
Rest assured that no matter your interests— art, history, cuisine, or the great outdoors—you will come away from a summer in Prague with fond memories and an insatiable desire to return.
Why should you visit Prague in the summer?
For several convincing reasons, visiting Prague in the summer is a fantastic choice. During this season, the city comes to life, providing tourists with a bright and captivating experience that is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression. Here are some primary reasons why summer in Prague is the best season to visit:
- Prague weather in the summer
In the summer, Prague’s temperatures range from mild to warm, making it a perfect destination for sightseeing and other outdoor activities so if you’re wondering what to wear in Prague in summer, you’ll be ready to explore the city’s historical sites, immerse yourself in its lively culture, and relish every second of your summer journey in Prague if you choose lightweight, breathable materials, comfortable footwear, and a touch of trendy design.
- Lively Atmosphere
Prague has a lot of life and excitement in the air during the summer. Locals and visitors fill the streets, giving the area a lively vibe and contributing to the city’s allure. There are many opportunities to experience local culture at outdoor events, festivals, and concerts.
- Beautiful Gardens and Parks
Prague is home to a wide variety of beautiful parks and gardens, which burst to life with vibrant blossoms and verdant foliage throughout the warm summer months. These peaceful havens are an ideal place to take a break from the bustle of the city and enjoy a picnic or a stroll.
- Nightlife and Entertainment
Prague’s entertainment scene is thriving and varied, with hip lounges, restaurants, and pubs accommodating a wide range of preferences. In the warmer months, the city’s nightlife moves outdoors, making for a more communal environment.
End your warm day with an entertaining evening in Prague’s thriving nightlife scene. There is a wide variety of places to go out and have fun with friends, whether you want to go clubbing or just kick back and relax.
- Outdoor Events and Festivals
Outdoor Events and Festivals: During the summer, Prague plays host to a wide range of outdoor events and festivals. There is always something fun to do in the city, from art shows and food fairs to film festivals and concert screenings.
- Longer Daylight Hours
With more hours of daylight, you may spend more time taking in the sights and learning about the city’s fascinating past and present. As a result, you’ll have more time to explore the area and participate in other activities.
- Open-Air Cafes and Beer Gardens
In the warmer months, the city’s many outdoor cafes, restaurants, and beer gardens overflow into the sidewalks and public spaces. Delicious Czech food and a refreshing drink, enjoyed in the warm summer air, make for a memorable experience.
- River Cruises and Waterside Activities
Prague’s Vltava River provides a beautiful setting for a number of water-based and riverside pursuits. In the warmer months, a cruise down the river is a great way to relax and take in the sights of the city from a new angle.
Top 10 Things To Do in Prague in The Summer
With its long history and beautiful architecture, Prague is a fascinating city that comes alive in the summer. Here are the top ten summer activities in Prague:
Go for Local Day Trips
While the draw of Prague cannot be denied, local day trips provide an array of remarkable experiences that complement and enhance any visit to the Czech capital. These journeys bring us fresh perspectives of discovery and knowledge from engaging in authentic culture and unearthing historical riches to appreciating nature’s beauty and escaping urban crowds.
Travelers who take trips beyond Prague will learn that the Czech Republic’s enchantment extends far beyond its attractive capital city. So, set out on a quest to explore and uncover this magnificent country’s mysteries with local day tours in Prague.
Soak in the Scenic Views
Climbing up to the renowned Prague Castle is one of the best Prague things to do in summer and a great way to start your summer journey in Prague. As the world’s largest ancient castle complex, it offers panoramic views of the city’s red rooftops and the flowing Vltava River.
Stroll through the castle grounds, visit St. Vitus Cathedral, and don’t miss the changing of the guard ritual for a bit of grandeur.
Discover Hidden Gems
While Prague’s main attractions are captivating, don’t be afraid to venture off the beaten path to uncover hidden gems. Explore charming neighborhoods like Vinohrady and Holešovice, where you’ll find local cafes, boutique shops, and a more laid-back ambiance.
Enjoy a Vltava River Cruise
A cruise down the Vltava River is a great way to see th
e city’s famous sights, such as Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, from a new angle.
The Vltava River flows through the heart of the city, offering stunning views of some of Prague’s most iconic landmarks.
Whether you opt for a short sightseeing cruise or a more extended journey, a Vltava River cruise is a memorable experience that adds a special touch to your visit to Prague. The combination of breathtaking scenery, historical landmarks, and the calming flow of the river makes it one of the best Prague things to do in summer and should not be missed.
Prague Illuminated: 50-Minute Evening River Cruise Experience
Embark on a captivating 50-minute evening river cruise along the Vltava River, treating yourself to an alternate view of Prague’s illuminated marvels. Delve into the city’s history and iconic sites as you indulge in audio commentary available in 8 diverse languages.
- Witness the radiant allure of the Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, and other renowned landmarks, all aglow
- Unwind upon a cozy boat featuring a sheltered roof over the sundeck
- Engage with enlightening audio commentary, unraveling the tales of the city’s history and iconic landmarks
- Gain an unparalleled and distinctive perspective of Prague from the tranquil waters
- 50-minute cruise along the Vltava River
- Audio commentary accessible in 8 languages
- Complimentary printed guide
- Onboard WiFi for your convenience
Participate in Fun Outdoor activities
The pleasant summer temperatures in Prague are a magnet for people who like to spend time outdoors. Relax on a boat ride along the Vltava and take in the sights of the city. Get some peace and quiet by renting a paddle boat in Letná Park or Vysehrad.
The views from Petn Hill, where you can go hiking or have a picnic, are stunning, while those from Vyehrad, where you can learn about Prague’s history and relax in beautiful gardens, are unparalleled.
Prague Grand City Exploration: Hugo Bike E-Scooter Adventure
Embark on a guided journey through Prague, lasting from 1.5 to 3 hours, aboard a Hugo bike e-scooter, and uncover the city’s most renowned landmarks.
- Explore iconic sites including the Charles Bridge, Wenceslas Square, Kampa Park, the John Lennon Wall, St. Nicholas’ Church, and Prague Castle
- Indulge in panoramic city vistas from Strahov Monastery and Petrin Hill
- Immerse yourself in the city’s rich history and culture through insightful commentary from your guide
- Rental of the E-scooter Hugo bike
- Expert guide’s companionship
- Protective helmet for safety
- Informative training session
- Refreshments including water
- Post-tour tea or coffee
- Gloves for winter riding
- Comprehensive safety instructions
- Time dedicated to Segway practice at the tour’s commencement
- Flexible selection of tour start times (available upon request)
Relax in Prague’s Gardens
Prague’s magnificent gardens are the perfect place to unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Gardens such as the Royal Garden, Vrtba Garden, and Petn Hill are home to beautiful flora and scenery.
Prague is blessed with several beautiful gardens and parks where you can relax, take a leisurely stroll, and escape the bustling city atmosphere. These gardens offer tranquil oases, stunning greenery, and picturesque views.
Whether you’re seeking a peaceful walk, a place to read a book, or simply a moment of tranquility, the city’s gardens are waiting to welcome you.
Prague: Petřín Lookout Tower and Enchanting Mirror Maze Pass
Delight in a dual adventure with this combined entry ticket, granting you access to the breathtaking panoramic views atop a 190-foot tower and an enchanting journey through the spellbinding Mirror Maze at Petrin Park in Prague.
- Gaze upon the magnificent panoramic vistas of Prague from the summit of the Petřín Lookout Tower
- Uncover the evolution of Petřín Hill through the ages, spanning hundreds of years
- Encounter the “hall of laughter” adorned with its whimsical and contorted mirrors
- Partake in a family-friendly escapade within the verdant expanse of Petrin Park
- Discover the iron-clad connection between Paris, France, and Prague, Czech Republic
- Entrance Ticket to the Petřín Lookout Tower
- Entrance Ticket to the Mirror Maze in Petřín Park
Attend a Music Festival
One of the best ways to get a feel for the lively music scene in Prague is to visit one of the many summer festivals. There’s something for every kind of music fan, from symphony orchestras to jazz clubs to rock shows.
Whether you’re a seasoned music festival-goer or someone seeking a new cultural experience, attending a music festival in Prague promises to be an inspiring and rewarding adventure that celebrates the universal language of music.
Prague: Reduta Jazz Club Live Concert Experience
- Savor a top-tier concert held within one of Europe’s premier jazz destinations
- Bask in the brilliance of world-class music within an iconic and renowned venue
- Indulge in a drink at the authentic bar, with the unique opportunity to sample beer served from a golden saxophone
- Embark on a journey to Prague’s most illustrious jazz club, soaked in musical history
- Admission to a 2.5-hour live concert
- Reserved seating to ensure your comfort
- Welcome drink (for VIP selection) to enhance your experience
Indulge in Czech Cuisine
Try some excellent Czech food at one of the many restaurants or food stands in the area. Try some local specialties like goulash, Czech dumplings, and the world-famous Trdelnik pastry while you’re there.
Indulging in Czech cuisine is one of the top ten Prague things to do in summer and an essential part of any visit to Prague. The traditional dishes reflect the country’s rich culinary heritage and offer a hearty, flavorful experience that will satisfy your taste buds.
Prague: Indulge in a Medieval Feast with Endless Drinks
Delight in a sumptuous medieval dining experience offering a choice between a delectable 3-course or lavish 5-course meal, complete with bottomless drinks. Enthralling entertainment awaits as you’re treated to a captivating medieval performance featuring music, dance, and more.
- Immerse yourself in an evening steeped in the authenticity of medieval times
- Select from 6 mouthwatering menus, featuring either a 3-course afternoon or a 5-course evening repast
- Be dazzled by a mesmerizing medieval spectacle enhanced by music and skilled performers
- Quench your thirst with limitless beer, wine, and soft beverages, perfectly complementing your meal and the show
- Unrestricted servings of beer, wine, and soft drinks
- Choice of a 3-course afternoon meal or a 5-course evening banquet with options ranging from pork, poultry, fish, vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free menus (based on your selection)
- An enthralling 2.5-hour medieval performance
Explore Open-Air Markets
Indulge in the flavors and crafts of Prague at its various open-air markets. From the farmers’ markets with fresh produce to craft markets with unique souvenirs, these bustling spots offer a delightful taste of local life.
Exploring the open-air markets in Prague is a delightful way to experience the city’s vibrant atmosphere, sample local produce, and discover unique crafts and souvenirs. The markets offer an authentic glimpse into Czech culture and provide a wonderful opportunity to interact with locals.
Visit the Prague Beer Gardens
During the warm summer months, a trip to Prague isn’t complete without sampling some of the country’s renowned beer. Riegrovy Sady, Letná Beer Garden, and the beer tents in the Prague Castle Gardens are just a few of the city’s many attractive beer gardens.
Come as you are, grab a pint, and relax in the cool tree canopy with the locals.
Prague: Guided Stroll and Indulgent Tasting of 8 Czech Craft Beers
Set forth on an exclusive craft beer tasting expedition, the sole of its kind in Prague. Delight in a 3-hour escapade, led by a beer connoisseur, as you relish 8 distinctive Czech beers and beer-complementing snacks. Roam through the cityscape, unveiling Prague’s premier beer havens.
- Immerse in the art of imbibing like a true Czech
- Uncover the intricacies of beer production
- Indulge in the flavors of 8 delectable Premium Czech Craft Beers
- Journey to some of Prague’s paramount beer locales, culminating at the renowned Letna Beer Garden
- Gaze upon stunning panoramas of Prague’s views
- Tasting flight of 8 Czech craft beers
- Expertly guided tour
- Refreshing water to cleanse your palate
- Personalized tour coaster as a memento
- Delectable beer-enhancing snacks
- Visit to the Letna Beer Garden (subject to weather conditions)
Embrace the Summer Magic in Prague
We are confident that after reading our list of the top ten things to do in Prague in the summer, you will agree that Prague in summer offers a magical blend of history, culture, and enchanting experiences. With warm weather, lively festivals, and many outdoor activities, the city invites you to create unforgettable memories.
Whether exploring historical landmarks, picnicking in parks, savoring local cuisine, or attending cultural events, summer time in Prague promises a memorable and delightful adventure for every traveler. So, pack your bags, soak in the summer magic, and let Prague enchant you with its timeless charm.