Table of contents Show
Prague’s tourism is a blend of cultural history and modern attractiveness. Tourists visiting the Czech Republic usually start their journey in Prague, the country’s most well-known city; the Czech Republic’s capital is a must-see.
To back up this claim, according to Prague tourism industry statistics, about 5.98 million tourists visited the capital in 2022, staying in hotels, guesthouses, or campgrounds.
Because of these facts, some have claimed that Prague is “too touristy.” Yes, the stunning Prague Castle, the Astronomical Clock, and the famed Charles Bridge, among others, are popular tourist attractions.
However, this is typical of large European cities, and Prague, Czech’s breathtaking tourism sector, justifies the crowds.
But is Prague a good tourist destination? Read on to discover why Prague is a popular tourist destination.
Why is Prague a popular tourist destination?
Is Prague a good tourist destination, then? Let’s examine what sets Prague apart, what helps it sparkle, and why you ought to put a trip there at the top of your travel agenda.
Evening Sightseeing Cruise (50 Minutes)
Evening city cruises are a great way to see Prague’s famous attractions, including Charles Bridge, the famous Prague Castle, and the breathtaking Kampa Island from a different perspective. Take in the illuminated cityscape and its famous landmarks.
- Take in beautiful sights while learning about the splendor of one of the globe’s most famous towns.
- Visit magnificent landmarks, including Charles Bridge and the beautiful dancing housing.
- Enjoy your river excursion in style by boarding a roomy and luxurious boat.
- Take photos as you float past famous landmarks, including Petřín Tower and Vysehrad Fortress.
- Visit Prague Castle, the largest castle structure in the entire globe, and the Rudolfinum concert hall.
- Unwind in comfort on a sundeck covered by a roof and a boat with air conditioning.
What is Included
- Eight-language audio commentary
- Sixteen-language printed guide
- Vltava River cruise (50 minutes)
- Wireless internet access is available
- From €18 per head
- Book now and pay later.
- Cancel at no cost
Bus Tours With Stops Every 24 or 48 Hours
Skip the bother of planned group tours by seeing Prague as you relax on either a single- or a double-decker tour bus and as you make your way to all of Prague’s top attractions in your own time.
- Relax as you hop on and off the bus while you see Prague at your preferred speed.
- Experience Prague Castle by the water’s edge as you sail down the Vltava.
- Visit the Resslova Dancing House.
- Wander the cobblestone pathways of Old Town and take in sights like the Astronomical Clock.
- Kampa Park offers breathtaking vistas of the ancient Charles Bridge.
What is Included
- Tour buses with multiple stops
- Tour commentary
- Cruise along the river
- Starting from €36/person
- Cost-free cancellation
- Pay later with a reservation.
- The activity takes two days.
Unlimited Medieval Drinks And A Hearty Meal
Feast on an unlimited three-course lunch or five-course dinner from the Middle Ages, complete with wine and beer. This special medieval event will have music, dancing, and more.
- Welcome the Middle Ages with this entertaining and educational one-of-a-kind event, set in a bar straight out of the Middle Ages.
- Enjoy live performances by jugglers, sword swallowers, and belly dancers.
- Devour a great three- or five-course lunch from one of six menu options while watching the show.
- Take limitless beer, wine, and soft beverages.
What is Included
- Free flow of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Three-course lunch or five-course evening meal with pork, fish, or poultry, as well as plant-based, vegan, or gluten-free cuisine.
- Costs as low as €52.24 per head
- 2.5 hour long medieval show
- The activity takes 2 to 4 hours.
- It’s possible to cancel at no cost at all.
- Make a booking right away and pay later.
Tour with Admission Ticket and Expert Local Guide
Explore the breathtaking beauty of Prague Castle with a 2.5-hour walking tour, available both in a small group setting and privately. Avoid the long ticket and security queues and enter the castle from the back.
- Step into Prague Castle and feel like you are entering a storybook as you visit the main attractions of the castle, such as the Golden Lane, the stunning St. George’s Basilica, and the ancient Royal Palace.
- With the help of your knowledgeable local guide, you’ll have no trouble finding your way around the castle’s extensive collection of artwork and historical artifacts.
- Get on the tram and head up to Prague Castle from there. As soon as you step inside, the guide will equip you with headphones to clearly hear their narration.
- Admire the Gothic style of St. Vitus Cathedral. Observe the church’s gargoyles to see how they’re decorated. Czech artist Alfons Mucha created a stunning Art Nouveau stained glass window.
- Check out the mosaic depicting the final judgment from the 14th century.
- Visit the chapel dedicated to St. Wenceslas, as well as the graves of King Charles IV and St. John of Nepomuk. Then, proceed to the Old Royal Palace.
- Admire the magnificent vaulted ceiling in Vladislav Hall.
- Step inside the room where the Defenestration of Prague took place. Here is when the thirty-year conflict officially began.
- Stop by the St. George Basilica. The stone walls and architecture of the basilica balance the castle’s grandeur. Visit the two-story staircase where the relics of St. Ludmila are located after viewing the frescoes that date back to the 12th century.
- Follow the gilded path. The castle’s sharpshooters lived in these quaint cottages, but their goldsmiths moved in later. Artists such as Franz Kafka called it home in later ages.
- Take a look at the restored Golden Lane workshops and houses. In the shadowy recesses of the castle, you may observe the daily lives of working Czechs.
What is Included
- Available for individuals or small groups
- Pricing starts at €36.46 per head.
- Cancel at no extra cost.
- Make a reservation now and pay for it later.
- The tour takes 2.5 hours.
- A Ticket for the Tram
- Prague Castle entry ticket
- Professional tour guide in the vicinity
- Shorter security line
Check out our Prague tourism website
Visit our Prague tourism website for helpful tips, such as when to go, what to pack, and how to convert your money.
If you’re planning a trip, our Prague tourism guide will help you get to and about Prague using the city’s public transportation system.
The Prague tourism package is a convenient way to experience Prague, including accommodations, transportation to and from the airport, and activities.
Don’t forget to book one of the best Prague city walking tours, which will take you on a captivating and authentic journey to explore the charms of the city.