Table of contents Show
- Best tours and trips in Prague
- Free walking tours Prague
- Prague Bus tours
- Vltava River tours and cruises, Prague
- Food tours of Prague
- Bike tours in Prague
- Prague Day Tours
- Unlock the Beauty of Prague with a Rent-a-Car Day Tours
Best tours and trips in Prague
With all that Prague has to offer, an excellent option to discover the city is taking any of the numerous tours available!
No matter your desired way to explore the city -by foot, bus, boat or bike; or which of Prague’s treasures you’re eager to discover its rich gastronomy, emblematic architectural gems, or fantastic beers, there are plenty of tours and trip alternatives to satisfy every need.
Let’s break down the best and most popular ways to delve into the Czech capital:
Free walking tours Prague
Free walking tours are the most suitable option to go in-depth into the city’s history at a low cost. Generally led by knowledgeable locals or expats, the growing popularity of this kind of tour is a testament to just how special they can be.
You will learn all of the city’s interesting historic background and anecdotes along the way and will meet wonderful people from all parts of the world.
It is important to note that a more suitable name for this format would be “pay-what-you-want” since a tip is expected in exchange for the experience offered but the sum you will offer is entirely up to you to decide.
If you ever take a “free” walking tour, -which we highly recommend you do- you will find yourself wanting to leave a more generous sum to the guide/s for their incredible and passionate work.
While the Prague ghost tour is a paid alternative to the free tours, it offers a unique and entertaining way to discover the city’s dark side and delve into its eerie history.
Prague Bus tours
A very common option is taking a bus tour throughout the city’s most emblematic areas and sightseeing spots. This is perhaps the best option if you’re looking for a comfortable and flexible way to move around the city at a reasonable price.
An added benefit of taking a bus tour is that you can count on being shown around by savvy guides who know the city in and out, while also being able to take it at your own pace -hopping on and off at your chosen locations and being able to enjoy your biggest interests for as long as you want to.
Bus tours are available in a variety of formats and durations but are overall an excellent option and a good bang for your money.
Tour of Prague’s Historical Center by Bus
Enjoy a scenic bus tour of Prague while listening to interesting facts about the city’s past. This tour includes stops at all of the city’s most famous landmarks, such as the Castle, renowned Wenceslas Square, interesting Old Town Square, must-see Charles Bridge, Jewish Quarter, and stunning New Town Hall.
- Take a tour of Prague’s attractions on a comfortable open-top bus.
- Stop by the Loreta Church, a Marian shrine.
- Take a stroll in the historic Prague Castle area and see the sights.
- Experience the beauty of the Vltava River’s historic bridges.
- Take a closer look at the Astronomical Clock at Old Town Square.
- Listen to a prerecorded discussion about Prague’s past and the current upheaval there.
- See all of Jewish Town, Lesser Town, and the Old City from here.
- Prices start from €17.10 per head.
- Prague Castle hop-off-and-walk tour stop
- Listen to the audio narration is available in 26 languages.
What is Included
- Twenty-six language options for the accompanying audio tour!
- This bus tour lasts for 2 hours.
- Refunds are available if you cancel at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Book now, and pay for it later
- Travel by minibus or coach
Vltava River tours and cruises, Prague
Looking for a way to gaze at Prague’s enchanting architecture from the comfort of a boat? You’re not the only one! Prague river cruises have been around for decades, and are now as popular as ever.
The Vltava River is the largest in the entire Czech Republic and flows right through the center of Prague. It’s a major symbol of the city and offers a fantastic range of options to gaze at some of Prague’s most important monuments. Some of the sightseeing spots you can contemplate from the Vltava are the National Theatre, the Dancing House, the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design; and the Naplavka market to just name a few!
With options to cater to all budgets and tastes, you will easily find a cruise option that suits you and how much time and money you’re willing to spend exploring the city while cruising along the Vltava river.
45-Minutes Prague River Cruise and Refreshments
Join us and enjoy a scenic sail along the Vltava River and through the historic Prague canals for 45 minutes of relaxation. Take in the sights of Prague Castle and the fascinating Charles Bridge with an audio guide.
- Take a historical boat cruise along the stunning Vltava river for 45 minutes and get a new view of Prague.
- Board a historic canal boat and cruise the rivers of medieval Prague as you listen to an onboard guide’s insightful narration.
- Learn about Prague’s fascinating past while taking in its picturesque vistas.
- Following the river cruise excursion, you can go even deeper into your newfound knowledge by visiting the Charles Bridge Museum.
- Experience the breathtaking scenery and capture some unforgettable images of Prague Castle.
- Take a boat ride down The Devil’s Channel (Certovka), and you’ll see why this location is often termed the Venice of Prague.
- cancellation is free
What is Included
- Pay later with a reservation.
- The duration of the tour is roughly 45 minutes.
- Includes audio guides in 19 languages.
- Boat Trip
- Pick one: beer, soda, water, tea, coffee, or mulled wine (in the winter).
- In the winter, warm up with traditional gingerbread; cool down with ice cream in the summer.
- Museum of the Charles Bridge Entry Ticket
Food tours of Prague
Czech’s gastronomy is impressively rich both in flavor and variety. However, as a foreigner when getting to know a new culture, it can sometimes be difficult to know what dishes to try and even harder to know where to try them.
That’s where food tours come in handy! Do us a favor and don’t set yourself up to become another victim of tourist traps where you’ll not only overpay but also miss out on the authentic culinary magic Prague has to offer. We’re talking about the real-deal dishes you already have an eye on trying, and the ones you don’t even know exist yet, but will never forget.
Imagine being shown around the city’s best hidden culinary gems, being served the top dishes you would perhaps not have known to order, by the people who know Prague’s cuisine in and out.
So if you find yourself craving a delicious experience and taking a break from traditional sightseeing, book yourself a food tour.
Want to learn more about Prague’s top food tours, how to book them and why they will blow your mind (and taste buds) check out Why is a food tour in Prague totally worth it?
Foodies, you can thank us later.
You can also arm yourself against tourist traps with our top restaurant recommendations available on our guide Where to eat – restaurants in Prague.
Prague Food Walking Tour (Half-Day)
Indulge in a culinary adventure you will always remember on this excursion. Visit the capital’s neighborhoods, indulge in authentic local cuisine, and chat with friendly locals. There are numerous real food samples spread out over the course of this guided walk’s four hours.
- Experience a unique blend of old-world elegance and contemporary day life in Prague’s Old and New towns, located in the very center of the city.
- Stop by numerous sampling spots at various local eateries in your guided walking tour.
- Treat yourself to delicious traditional Czech pastries and learn firsthand why open-faced sandwiches earned Prague international renown.
- Discover hidden churches and other local gems found in back alleys and through narrow streets.
- See places that most visitors miss, and stumble upon sights that need to be mentioned in the travel guides.
- Take a moment away from being a visitor and immerse yourself in local culture to find the true Prague.
What is Included
- English-speaking guide
- Trying out 16 food samples in 6 sites.
- It’s a 4-hour tour
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Book then, pay later.
- You can cancel at no cost at all.
- Starting at € 89 per head
Bike tours in Prague
On the lookout for a different way to spend the day around the city? Bike tours are the answer to your search!
Bike tours and bike rentals are available throughout the entire city. Both tours and rental options range in price, duration and bike models, but the end purpose is mostly the same: to offer you a way to pedal your way through the city’s scenic streets.
Apart from being an excellent way to stay active during your visit, you’ll be able to move quickly from one place to another and take in the city in a unique way.
No matter if you are traveling on your own or in a group, you can book a bike tour to fit your needs.
We think there is something very special about getting to know a new city on wheels. If you agree, visit Prague bike tours: experience the city differently to discover some of our favorite options out there and more information regarding where and how you can book one.
The Ultimate Bike Tour in Prague
This bike ride offers breathtaking views of Prague from above, making it ideal for taking pictures and learning about the city’s rich history. This leisurely bicycle excursion is safe for all ages and abilities, thanks to the constant presence of a watchful and cheerful tour leader.
- Join a passionate guide for a leisurely bike ride through the best of this lovely city.
- Learn about the historic centre, architecture, current arts, and other hidden gems on a bicycle tour of Prague, which is an excellent and enjoyable way.
- Visit the city center, the Jewish district, New Town, Mala Strana, and a plethora of other attractions.
- Experience a one-of-a-kind look into Prague as Myths, tales, history, and experiences are shared throughout the tour.
- Halt at the finest locations for taking breaks, taking pictures, or just taking it all in.
What is Included
- Free entry to Old Town Square
- A Trip to Prague
- Transport by a bicycle
- A helmet and Rain poncho are available.
- The tour takes 3 hours
- .Bilingual (Dutch and English) tour guide
- Timely cancellation is free.
- Book now, then pay later.
- Starting at € 32.50 per individual.
Prague Day Tours
Prague has enough things to do and see to fill a lifetime, but so do its surroundings! Not far from the capital, you’ll find plenty of quaint and interesting towns worth your while, easily accessible through a number of different day tours.
Below you’ll find a list of our top-recommended day tours to get to know the Czech Republic through Prague’s vicinities. From spooky to relaxing, there’s a day tour for any and all kinds of moods:
● An Eerie Tour of Kutná Hora
● A Leisurely Day at Karlštejn
● A Taste of České Budějovice
● Therapeutic Dip at Karlovy Vary
● The Laidback Town of Poděbrady
● Water Adventure at the Sázava River
● Skiing Fun at Monínec
● The Cozy Town of Olomouc
● Breathtaking Views from the Bastei Bridge
● Bask in the Culture and Art of Vienna
● The Fairytale Town of Český Krumlov
● Natural Attractions at Český ráj
Unlock the Beauty of Prague with a Rent-a-Car Day Tours
Experience the best of Prague with a convenient rent-a-car services. The vehicles are top-of-the-line, fully equipped, and ready to take you on a day tour of the city. See all the famous landmarks, visit hidden gems, and discover the rich history and culture of Prague with the freedom and flexibility of your own vehicle. Book now for an unforgettable day in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities!