Table of contents Show
Václav Havel Airport in Prague is a major hub for flights throughout Europe. This international airport, which bears the name of the famous Czech playwright, dissident, and ex-president Václav Havel, isn’t only the largest in the Country but also one of the busiest in Central Europe. Whether you’re a tourist hoping to see Prague’s attractive streets or a traveler headed further into Europe, you’ll find your time at Václav Havel Airport Prague to be smooth and hassle-free.
It is convenient that Václav Havel Airport is only 6 miles (10 kilometers) from the heart of Prague. This close proximity means that visitors can be on their way to exploring the charming Czech city within minutes of arrival.
In addition, the airport has connections to more than 150 locations worldwide thanks to its extensive airline and destination partner network.
Václav Havel Airport Prague has all the latest conveniences to make your trip pleasant. Enjoy some retail therapy or sample some Czech cuisine at one of the many restaurants, boutiques, and duty-free outlets located throughout the terminals.
Exploring the History and Legacy of Václav Havel Airport Prague
Václav Havel Airport Prague, originally Prague Ruzyně International Airport, is a historic city and a symbol of the Czech Republic’s democratic transition.
Václav Havel Airport began in the early 1900s. Established in 1937, Ruzyně Airport began as a military airstrip. It expanded to civil aviation.
The airport’s turning point was the 1989 Velvet Revolution. Václav Havel, a prisoner for his activism, led the revolution.
Václav Havel Airport Prague changed its name in 2012 in tribute of the dissident-turned-president. This reform showed the Czech Republic’s genuine dedication to democracy and human rights.
Václav Havel Airport Prague HotelsBooking.com
You can choose from a variety of high-quality hotels in close proximity to Prague’s Václav Havel Airport to ensure a good night’s sleep before a trip.
Top-Rated Hotels near Prague’s Václav Havel Airport
This Václav Havel Airport Prague hotel is conveniently located a short distance from Terminal 1, and its contemporary rooms include soundproof windows. The hotel also has a 24-hour store, a fitness facility, and a restaurant that serves Czech and foreign cuisine.
The Holiday Inn is another great alternative close to the airport terminals, with cozy rooms, a gym, and an eatery and bar. Both businesspeople and vacationers frequently pick this option.
This Václav Havel Airport Prague hotel has comfortable rooms, a fitness center, an eatery, and a nice garden area, and it is just a short shuttle ride from the airport terminals.
Rest & Fun Center
Rest & Fun Center offers capsule-style rooms and shared toilets for those seeking low-cost airport lodging. It’s a great option for tourists on a limited time and money budget.
Facilities and Services at Václav Havel Airport Prague: A Review
Here are Václav Havel Airport Prague reviews of the key services and facilities available at the airport as outlined below.
Airport stores include presents, souvenirs, apparel, electronics, and more. Terminals 1 and 2 offer duty-free shopping for foreign tourists.
Airport dining options are manyl. Fast food, sit-down eateries, coffee shops, and pubs offer a variety of cuisines. Try authentic Czech food.
Václav Havel Airport Prague has various comfortable lounges. These lounges offer free refreshments, drinks, Wi-Fi, and a quiet escape from the terminals.
Currency Exchange and Banking
The airport has many currency exchange agencies and ATMs for tourists to get Czech crowns or foreign currencies.
The airport has free Wi-Fi so passengers may read emails or work as they wait for their flights.
Children’s Play places
The airport offers play places for families with children.
Business and Conference Facilities
Entrepreneurs can use Wi-Fi, printing, and conference space in business lounges and conference rooms.
The airport has accessible toilets, ramps, and parking for disabled passengers.
Lost and found assistance is available to help passengers with luggage.
The airport has a medical facility with trained staff for emergencies.
Flights to Václav Havel Airport Prague
The primary international airport in Prague, Václav Havel Airport Prague (PRG), acts as a significant hub for flights linking the Czech Republic to many locations across the world. Here’s a quick rundown of flights to Vaclav Havel Airport Prague:
Václav Havel Airport Prague has excellent connections to major cities and airports around the world. It acts as a hub for both domestic and international aircraft.
While Václav Havel Airport Prague mostly handles international flights, there are infrequent local flights linking Prague to other Czech Republic cities such as Brno, Ostrava, and Karlovy Vary.
There are direct flights to Prague from major European cities like London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Madrid, Rome, and many others.
Direct intercontinental flights are also available from Dubai, New York, Toronto, Beijing, and Doha.
Connecting flights to major European hubs such as Frankfurt (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Paris (France), and Istanbul (Turkey) are available for destinations not directly served by Prague.
Insider Tips for Travelers: Václav Havel Airport Prague to City Centre
- The AE bus is the fastest and most direct route from Václav Havel Airport Prague to city centre. The service leaves the airport every half an hour and makes stops at important hubs.
- The airport is serviced by public buses (such as Bus 119 and Bus 100) that run directly to the city’s subway and tram networks.
- Outside of the airports, taxis and uber services can be easily hailed.
- Several major vehicle rental agencies have desks at the airport should you choose to drive
- It is possible to reserve a shuttle service in advance.
- The airport has both short-term and long-term parking lots for those who drive themselves.
- A small amount of local currency can be exchanged at the airport if needed to meet incidental costs.
- Take the time to learn a few simple Czech words or greetings.
- Think about getting a Prague Card or some other pass that will let you use the subway and buses as much as you like.
Effortless Arrival: Private Airport Transfer to Prague
Begin your Prague adventure with ease and style by booking a private transfer from Václav Havel Airport to the city center. Enjoy the luxury of a smooth, 30-minute ride in a modern, air-conditioned vehicle, accompanied by thoughtful amenities like a complimentary tourist map and guidebook. With Prague Airport Transfers, your journey from airport to accommodation is guaranteed to be stress-free.
- Experience a hassle-free transfer from Prague Václav Havel Airport directly to your destination in Prague.
- Travel comfortably in a new, air-conditioned car with an experienced English-speaking chauffeur.
- Avoid the confusion and delays of public transportation or taxi queues upon your arrival.
- Be welcomed at the airport by your driver, who will be waiting with an orange placard bearing your name.
- Enjoy complimentary extras including a tourist map and guidebook to help you start exploring Prague right away.
- One-way private transfer in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking driver who ensures a smooth and friendly ride.
- Complimentary Prague tourist map and guidebook, perfect for getting acquainted with the city.
- Assistance with your luggage from the arrivals hall to the car for a seamless experience.